KENTON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Kindergarten Registration, 2012-2013
Registration for students entering kindergarten in Kenton County will be held in the following buildings on the following dates and times:
Date Times School Address Phone
March 12 11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 Ft. Wright 501 Farrell Drive 331-7742
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 Kenton 11246 Madison Pike 356-3781
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 R. C. Hinsdale 40 Dudley Rd 341-8226
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 River Ridge 2772 Amsterdam Rd 341-5260
March 14 11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 Beechgrove 1029 Bristow Rd 371-1636
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 J. A. Caywood 3300 Turkeyfoot Rd 341-7062
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 Piner 2845 Piner Ridge Rd 356-2155
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 Ryland 3845 Stewart Rd 356-9270
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 Summit View 5006 Madison Pike 363-4700
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 Taylor Mill 5907 Taylor Mill Rd 356-2566
11:30-1:30 & 6:00-7:30 White’s Tower 2977 Harris Pike 356-9668
To enter kindergarten, a child must be 5 years of age on or before October 1st.
The parent/guardian must bring an original birth certificate to the school during registration.
The parent/guardian should provide the school with the child’s Social Security number on or before the first day of school.
The parents/guardians must provide the school with proof of residency (driver’s license, or utility billon or the day prior to the start of school if they are new to the district.).
In compliance with the Kentucky State Board of Education and Public Health regulations, parent/guardian must (on or before the first day of school) have provided the school with the following:
· Kentucky Immunization Certificate showing all age appropriate vaccines including: Diphtheria-Pertussis-Tetanus (DPT) and Polio Vaccine (IPV or OPV), two doses of Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine (MMR), three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine (HBV), and two doses of the Chickenpox vaccine (VAR).
· School Medical Examination Form completed by family physician within 1 year before Kindergarten enrollment. Preschool exam will be acceptable for Kindergarten.
· First time enrollees to Kentucky public schools also require an eye examination performed by an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist.
· A certificate of a Dental Screening or Examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or a physician assistant is required.
· A completed enrollment sheet returned to the school office
All forms may be obtained through the school office or downloaded from The Kenton County School District Web site at www.kenton.kyschools.us under Student Services enrollment information.
It is not necessary that the child to be registered accompany the parent/guardian. Should the parent/guardian be unable to register his/her child on the scheduled registration day, an appointment for another date and time should be scheduled at the school by June 1.