The mission of the Kenton County School District is to provide a world-class education ensuring ALL students are transition ready and prepared for the 21st Century Economy.
- It’s About ALL Kids.
- It is our responsibility to ensure every child reaches his or her maximum learning potential.
- All students deserve a safe, positive and supportive environment.
- Every student should have an adult advocate in the school setting.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in the learning process.
- Maintaining high expectations leads to higher levels of student achievement.
- All students are inspired to learn when provided rigorous, relevant, innovative and creative learning opportunities in a positive environment.
- Recognition and appreciation of cultural, social, physical and economic differences creates a healthy learning community.
- Sharing and using results to inform our decisions about instruction, resources and curriculum leads to higher levels of student achievement.
- Students, educators, staff, families, businesses and the community share in the responsibility for creating an environment in which all students can learn and succeed at high levels.
- High quality public education is essential to our democracy and economic growth.
- Transition Readiness Rate 100%
- Attendance Rate 96.25%
- Student Learning and Progress
- Ensure academic success for all students so that every student reaches his/her maximum learning potential
- Student Readiness
- Ensure all students are prepared with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to be transition ready
- Engaged, Well-Rounded Students
- Engage students in a way that contributes to their overall development and future wellbeing
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Ensure all stakeholders in the community have the opportunity to meaningfully engage and support all schools in the KCSD
- Professional Learning/Quality Staff
- Ensure that every student has quality teachers and adults that promote the learning and well-being of students
- Fiscal and Operational Systems
- Ensure the district is financially responsible/efficient and using its resources to further the district mission
- Safety and Well-Being
- Ensure students are educated in an optimal environment that is safe, secure, and conducive to learning. This includes both physical safety as well as the social/emotional needs of each student