The Kenton County School District has five new National Board Certified Teachers!
Congratulations to the following teachers who achieved this honor:
- Matthew Brislin, Summit View Academy
- Amanda Lowe, Twenhofel Middle School
- Natasha Smith, Turkey Foot Middle School
- Cecilia Fuller, White's Tower Elementary
- Apryl McCoy, Woodland Middle School
National Board Certification is a highly respected professional voluntary credential and provides numerous benefits to teachers, students and schools. It was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools.
Nationally, more than 112,000 teachers have achieved National Board Certification representing three percent of the national teaching population.
Of Kenton County’s 962 current certified employees, 56 teachers currently hold National Board Certification, which represents six percent of all Certified Staff.