Click here for our COVID-19 preparedness flyer
As the situation around the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves and more cases are discovered across the state, we want to remain consistent in our communication across the district. We recognize that there continues to be anxiety among our families, staff, and students, and we want to reiterate what Governor Andy Beshear and the Kentucky Department of Public Health have already expressed: this is not a time to panic as the risk of getting the virus is relatively low. The Kentucky Department of Education recommends that any decision to close schools in response to COVID-19 (as with any other public health concern) be based on guidance and input from the public health professionals. We want to reassure everyone that we will continue to be in communication with the Kentucky Department of Education, The Kentucky Department of Health, and our Northern Kentucky Health Department.
While the coronavirus is new, the procedures we already have in place are the same recommendations for COVID-19.
Students and staff should be reminded to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 sec. especially before eating or after using restroom
- alcohol based hand sanitizer can be used if needed
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth because germs spread this way
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and put the tissue in the waste basket. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow-NOT YOUR HANDS
- Don’t share cups or eating utensils
KCSD Practices in Place:
- Custodial staff are using a hospital grade disinfectant on surfaces that is an EPA approved product for use against COVID-19
- High contact areas (handrails, door knobs, water fountains) and areas identified by principals as high volume will receive extra custodial attention
- Soap dispensers contain antibacterial foaming hand cleaner
- Transportation staff are using a hospital grade disinfectant spray on bus seats/surfaces after the last run of each day