Para Professional Coaches and Activity Sponsors:
Kenton County Schools strives to provide ALL students with every opportunity to participate in an activity that will lead to a meaningful connection to the school community, as stated in Goal 3. With so many opportunities available, it is sometimes difficult to fill positions with existing certified and classified employees of the district. Therefore it becomes necessary to hire para professionals to lead our students through these activities. The hiring process begins with the information on this page and should be read carefully.
- Certified Paraprofessional Coaches will be offered a position only in those instances in which certified teachers cannot be found to fill a coaching position. Members of the teaching staff receive first consideration when filling extracurricular assignments.
- Certified Paraprofessional positions are one-year only positions and must be applied (or re-applied) for every year.
- KRS 160.380 requires the application and background check process must be completed before conducting any practice or game
Para Professional Application Process:
- Complete the Paraprofessional Coach and/or Club Sponsor online application found under the "Districtwide" location on the District's employment application website: (click the link for the employment website)
- Once you have completed the online application, you will receive an e-mail from the application system requesting you to complete hiring paperwork, the Federal/State Background Check and the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) Check
- Position may be started when, and only when, Human Resources has received all required new hire paperwork, the background check has been completed and the receipt for the CAN check has been received
Thank you Para Professionals!
Thank you for your support of ALL students in the Kenton County School District in the role of para professional. We look forward to the amazing contributions you will provide ALL students as you lead them to a meaningful connection to their school, community and education!
The Kenton County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.