|Inclement Weather/Emergency Call Notification|
|Inclement Weather/Emergency Call Notification Removal|
The KCSD may utilize non-traditional instruction (NTI) days when schools are closed to due inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
3. At about 4:15-4:30, constant contact is established with Boone County, Campbell County, Grant County, Walton-Verona and other surrounding school district transportation officials. Depending on the track of the storm contact may also be made with Owen and Gallatin County to further access resources to track the storms progress.
4. At about 4:30-4:45, the Superintendent is briefed on the research and provided the latest thinking on the future conditions so a decision can be made based within the next thirty minutes.
5. At about 4:45-5:00, more calls are made to neighboring districts to assess conditions and contact is made with all drivers assessing road conditions.
6. The goal is to make a decision by 5:15 AM. Transportation staff are reporting at 5:30 and leaving their homes between 5:00 and 5:15.
7. All decisions are made through the use of constant review from the weather authorities and transportation experts to ensure the safest decision are made for our students.The superintendent or designee has the authority to close schools when weather or other emergency conditions would make operating the school bus fleet unsafe.
For the fastest updates on school delays and closures, please follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/thekcsd. You can also download our app in Google or Apple and enable push notifications.
Also, be sure to use My Bus Buddie to track your child's bus location.